Monday, October 13, 2014

A Quilt for Momma

This quilt was a surprise gift to my mother! When I took her to the fabric store with me I secretly let her pick everything out. It was fun and my goodness was it hard to keep it a secret from her.


I even had to make the label in secret... Very challenging.


Working on the binding... Nova always lays in my lap when I quilt and he especially loved this one, most likely due to the raginess of it. Yes, I know ragginess is not a word!


The beauty in its full glory! My mom was so excited when i announced that I was done and that I had made it for her. She didn't believe me and then I showed her the label.


Its permanent resting point is on the back of our couch.  We are about to move across town and I will post a picture of it on display in the new house as soon as it is set up!


If you've seen my last post, can you tell that Nova loves looking out these windows? It is one of his favorite places in the house. Hopefully there will be a similar place for him at the new house.


Here's another picture from when I was binding the quilt. He's in my lap cuddling under the quilt. Oh my, how I love this cat.
I am so thankful for my mother and exuberant that she loves this quilt so much.

The pattern for this quilt is from a blog called Bloom and Blossom.
She calls it the Raw Edge Layer Cake Quilt.
In the tutorial she uses layer cakes to make the quilt (10" squares), but I used yardage and cut the squares at 9.5" instead, because that is the size of the ruler I have!

I will be back next Monday with another post!

with love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment