Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Mini Quilt Swap Quilt Top

As mentioned in my last post, I am very excited for the mini quilt swap hosted by Schnitzel and Boo! I loved the pattern I mentioned before, but I just couldn't figure out how to lay it out.


I tried laying it out randomly, then organized, then organized in a rainbow-type pattern and nothing seemed right. The middle was my favorite, but it still didn't really compliment the fabric.


I found this picture of a mini on Instagram via thimbleblossoms. I instantly fell in love with this pattern and decided to use it instead! I cow;don't find a link to the actual pattern, so I had to come up with it myself (which wasn't too difficult)!


I tried this layout and posted it on my Instagram and the general reaction was that it was WAY better than the last! I was happy, because this was way prettier in my mind.


Tah-dah! I LOVE this mini quilt top already! So much so that I spent most of my day after classes making it. Curtis was not very happy, needless to say (and is grumpily sitting next to me at the moment, too).

I do hope my partner loves this pattern as much as I do. I'm even thinking about recreating it for myself with some fabrics that are more catered to my taste.

with love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment