Monday, March 23, 2015

Kitten Mini Quilt Swap

I am participating in a Kitten Mini Quilt Swap on Instagram (#kittenmqs2015). I was so excited for this swap that I finished my mini INSANELY early. It's been sitting on a chair looking super cute and I think that my partner will love it! I saw a picture of a painting on Pinterest that looked just like this and thought I'd make my own little pattern out of it. I just went to her Etsy account and saw that she paints quilt blocks! Ha, who knew?


Here is the lovely all quilted and put together. My partner had stated that she wouldn't mind a pillow cover, so that's what I've made! I'm very proud of my work on this cover and with how my quilting
turned out. I'm still crazy new at machine straight line quilting, but I am quite proud of how this turned out!

Because I finished so early, I decided to make an extra for my partner.


I made this little pouch! It could be a coin purse, but the pattern is meant for sewing notions. Link to the pattern here. It was a cute little project and I love how it turned out!

The snap took quite the effort. Curtis had to use one of his leather snaps (he makes knife sheaths) on it because I was out and didn't want to go to the store! Long story short: after about 20 minutes of effort and four hands, we managed to get it to work! I think it's super cute and I hope my partner loves it! I just can't get enough of those little Cotton and Steel tigers!

with love,
Courtney

1 comment:

  1. It is so cute!! I saw how much Johanna gushed about it on IG

    ReplyDelete