Thursday, November 13, 2014

DIY Rug

Hello! We just moved and our new house has all wooden floors. It is absolutely beautiful! However, my feet demand soft, not cold floor. Thus, my need for a rug!

Rugs are EXPENSIVE. Of course, most of my favorites were atleast $100 dollars (and that's the minimum). Being the crafty person I am, I started looking into rag rugs and DIY rugs, too. Then I came across this on Pinterest.


DIY Rug! I made mine out of four smaller rugs from At Home. They were $5.99 a piece!


Here you can see the stitches that run down the center of my rug. You can't see the stitches on the horizontal sewing line and I just tucked the tassels underneath!


Nova loves new things to lay on. Anytime I put something down on the couch or the ground he plops right down!


I love this picture. My baby is so cute (in my humble opinion)! I'm a sucker for black cats.

One thing I will say about making this is: lay the smaller rugs out in the store. Some of the ones I picked out originally were drastically different in size!

with love,
Courtney

2 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the rugs! Also, yourcat is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! Thank you so very much! I'm sorry I'm just now replying to your comment!

      Delete