Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Asking Your Maid of Honor

Curtis proposed to me while we were in Paris (Europe in Winter Packing List)! I am so excited to get started with the planning process. We plan to get married December 2016 or January 2017, so I still have a bit of time to think and plan! I knew immediately who I wanted for my Maid of Honor: my sister, Hannah! Curtis and I knew we didn't want a big wedding party and we have already decided to just have a Maid of Honor and a Best Man.

I decided to share with you how I asked my sister! I know I did a bit of research on the matter (Pinterest, anyone?) and I wanted to share how I did it! This is just how I asked my Maid of Honor, but it could also work for bridesmaids, too. If it were me, I'd make the Maid of Honor's a bit more special.


I put together this little jar for her! I think that is is super cute and she was so excited when she saw it! I had always told her that when I got married I would want her as my MOH and when she found out I was engaged one of the first things she said to me (aside from the congratulations and telling me how gorgeous my ring was) was, "Do I get to be your Maid of Honor?" Of course she didn't say it to me, she texted it to me using emojis. It was hilarious and I avoided directly answering her question, because I'm supposed to be the one to ask her!


Here are the things I got for her:
Cute glass jar with a clasp
Essie nail polish in "sugar daddy"
Mini easel with a mini "Maid of Honor" painted canvas on it
Three paint swatches
Mini VW van quilt
Note
Fabric scraps for decoration

As you can probably tell, I tried to color coordinate everything in this little jar. These are the colors I am liking at the moment for my wedding. I have a bit of time to decide, so nothing is set in stone, but I liked the idea of everything going together. I originally planned on getting a wooden box and painting it with my colors, but I couldn't find one that I liked, so I opted for a jar instead! I'm glad I did! The fabric scraps looked so cute in it and kind of hid the contents until she opened it.


My favorite (and her favorite) part of the little jar was the mini quilt. I knew how much Hannah loved old VW vans and when I saw a picture of a mini that looked like this, I knew I had to try to duplicate it! I came up with the pattern myself while referencing the pictures that I found (I can't seem to find them now). I love it! She thinks it is adorable, too. If you aren't a quilter and aren't particularly creative, I saw some great ideas ranging from MOH tank tops to little champagne bottles.


She loved this little gift and I'm so happy to have her as my Maid of Honor! I hope that this little post gave you guys some inspiration for asking your ladies!

with love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment