Monday, April 20, 2015

Hexie Pillow

HEXIES!


As I stated in my New Year, New Projects post a couple of months ago, I planned to have a semi-selfish sewing year! This little english paper pieced hexie pillow is certainly one of those projects. I spent a lot of time making the hexies and sewing them together. I love how soothing hand piecing is and will certainly try it again!


This pillow is made up of some of my FAVORITE fabrics that I have used in previous projects and some that I have just hoarded. I fell in love with the fabrics I used in the baby quilt I made for my cousin's baby. I had quite a bit of the fabric saved (I didn't want to throw away one tiny bit of it). That is where most of these fabrics came from.


A few are from various other projects: the quilt I made for my mom, scraps from my finance's grandmother, and some other unfinished projects I've yet to do a blog post about.


Here is a close-up of the hand quilting I did on this pillow. I love the way that this pillow turned out and am happy to say that it is mine to enjoy for many years to come!


Here is a picture of the back of my new labels! I LOVE them. I ordered these custom fabric labels from Mad Mad Graphics on Etsy. If you want to see the front of the labels check out my last post: Spring Fling Mini Swap. I hope you all have a lovely day!

with love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment